Monday, October 07, 2002

"It's Freedom..."

Tonight was the first time Taylor asked, "Mom, what's it like to walk?"..............I said the first thing that came to my heart - "It's freedom."

We were at a Family Roller Skating Night at school. She had roller skates on and used her walker with Bill and me helping her. She is 8 years old now and I can tell that her disability is starting to become more noticeable to her. She is still a very happy, loving little girl.

Taylor is special beyond most children I have seen. She is kind, caring, sensitive and very independent. She will need that as she grows older.

Our prayer now is what the Doctors from the Gillette Childrens' Hospital in St. Paul, MN are telling us; that in one year she should be using just her crutches and within the next two years become stronger and more mature to walk alone. She will always have a noticeable gait but I pray that she will be able to walk and know "the freedom".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home